Vaginal Suppositories Patient Information
By 藥劑部 Pharmacy | January, 2021
Drug information No.122
|Generic Name||Brand Name||Dosage form and strengths||Indication||Appearance|
|Policresulen||Polinin||90mg/supp.||Cervicitis, vaginitis, vaginal discharge|
|Metronidazole||Metrocide||250 mg/supp.||Trichomonas infection|
How to use
- Wash your hands and vaginal area, and dry thoroughly.
- Tear off one suppository from the strip and separate plastic wrap with your thumb.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and legs slightly apart. Gently insert the suppository into your vagina with its pointed end first and as far as it will comfortably go. (Usually 1 to 2 inches deep.)
- If you are allergic to vaginal suppositories, please inform the doctor.
- Warnings: for vaginal use only, DO NOT swallow.
- Continue using the medication for the full time of treatment. Do not skip any dose.
- Due to different properties of drug products and patients’ conditions, please ask your doctor or pharmacist whether or not to continue using the drug during your menstrual period.
- If no special instructions from physician, it is recommended to use at night before going to bed.
- If necessary, your partner should also be treated in order to avoid cross-infection.
- Mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur. Stop using and contact a doctor if you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
- Please store at room temperature or refrigerated at 2 ~ 8 ° C, avoid heat or direct light.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- To avoid danger, do not share your medications with others.
※ Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Chi Mei Medical Center：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chi Mei Hospital, Liouying：email@example.com
- Chi Mei Hospital, Chiali：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drug Information