Ear Drops patient information
By 藥劑部 Pharmacy | January, 2021
Drug information No.119
|Composition||Brand name||Dosage and strengths||Indications||Appearance|
|Polymyxin B Sulfate＋neomycin＋lidocaine＋benzalkonium chloride＋propylene glycol＋glycerol||Otozambon Ear Drops||8 c.c／btl Polymyxin B Sulfate 80,000 IU＋neomycin 40mg＋lidocaine 320mg＋benzalkonium chloride 0.8mg＋propylene glycol 3.52ml＋glycerol 2.12ml||Ear infections, Inflammation of the external auditory canal|
|Ofloxacin||Earflo Ear Drops||3mg/ml, 5ml/Btl||Ear infections, Inammation of the external auditory Canal/Otitis media|
|Triamcinolone acetonide＋neomycin＋gramicidin＋nystatin＋chloroxylenol||Mycomb Otic Drops||5 c.c／btl Triamcinolone acetonide 1mg＋neomycin 2.5mg＋gramicidin 0.25mg＋nystatin 100000 units +chloroxylenol 3mg||Infections of the external auditory canal, including candida or bacteria|
Instructions for use：
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water, and then dry thoroughly.
- Gently wash your ear with water and then dry it. Be careful not to get water trapped in your ear.
- Shake the bottle well and hold it for several minutes in order to warm the drops to near body temperature, which will make you more comfortable during administration. DO NOT heat up the drops in hot water because high temperature would make your ear painful or induce headache and nausea.
- Lie down your head to one side and tilt your sick ear up. If patient is a baby or a child, gently hold him/her between your thighs.
- For adults：Pull the affected ear upward and backward in order to open the ear canal.
For children：Pull the affected ear downward and backward in order to open the ear canal.
- Place the prescribed number of drops into your ear.
- Keep the ear tilted up for about five minutes to allow the medicine to coat your ear.
- You can gently pull and shake the earlobe upward and backward to help the medicine flow down into your ear canal.
- Wipe away the residual eardrops and wash your hands.
- Repeat step 4 to step 9 for the other ear if necessary.
- Tighten the cap right away once you finished.
- DO NOT use discolored, deteriorated or expired ear drops.
- Each time before use, remember to hold it for several minutes until it warms up to your body temperature in order to avoid irritation of ears.
- Do not block the ear canal with cotton except on your doctor’s advice.
- Do not be too worried when you feel a little uncomfortable once dropping the medicine into the ear.
- If possible, ask a family member or someone else to help you giving the drops.
- To avoid bacterial contamination, make sure not to touch the dropper tip with your fingers or other surfaces.
- Throw the ear drops away four weeks after opening, because bacteria may grow in the bottle.
- Please store the ear drops at room temperature, avoid heat and moisture.
- Keep out of reach of children.
※ Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Chi Mei Medical Center：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chi Mei Hospital, Liouying：email@example.com
- Chi Mei Hospital, Chiali：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drug Information