Ferrum Housmann ® Patient Information
Drug information No.123
- English product name ：Ferrum Housmann ®
- Qualitative composition ：Iron (ferric hydroxide polymaltose) (Fe(OH)3)
- Dosage form and strengths ：30ml/bottle, 50mg/ml
- Appearance ：
Iron deficiency anemia
- Use the medication as prescribed and directed by your doctor.
- Adult: take 20 drops two or three times daily after meal.
Child: take 20 drops one or two times daily after meal.
Infant: take 6 drops once daily initially, slowly titrate up to 20 drops once daily.
- DO NOT take iron supplement agents by oral or injection at the same time.
- Without your doctor s advice, DO NOT take large doses of iron over six months.
- Overload of iron may cause GI irritations, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and coughing up blood. Large doses of iron may cause gastric irritation. (In some severe cases, it may cause necrosis, perforation, or stenosis of GI tract.) Severe diarrhea or bleeding may lead to circulatory failure. If any symptoms of overdosing are suspected, seek medical help right away.
- Do not be too worried if your stool turns black. This is commonly seen when taking iron supplements.
If you find any signs listed in the following when taking the medicine, seek immediate medical help
GI irritations, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, coughing up blood.
- Before using ®
Shake the bottle for a few seconds.
- How to use ®
Remove the cap and turn the bottle upside down. (Keep the bottle vertical.) Use your finger to tap the bottom of the bottle and the medication will gradually drip out.
If the medicine does not drip out, use your finger to tap the bottom again. The medication could be taken with fruit juice, vegetable juice or milk. The color of the medication may change after being added into juice or milk, yet the taste or efficacy of the drug is minimally affected.
- Store the medication in the original container and below 30 XC.
- Please keep the bottle clean. To avoid contamination, DO NOT touch the bottle with your tongue or mouth.
- If stored in good condition and kept free from contaminants, this product can be used until the expiration date printed on the bottle.
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Chi Mei Medical Center：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chi Mei Hospital, Liouying：email@example.com
- Chi Mei Hospital, Chiali：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drug Information：Click me