Amiodarone Patient Information
By 藥劑部 Pharmacy | January, 2021
Drug information No.49
Treatment of irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia).
- Please use the medication as directed by your doctor and take the medicine regularly. Do not discontinue the medication by yourself even when your condition improves.
- Taking the medicine with meal can avoid abdominal discomfort.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, having allergic reactions to the medicine, or having lung, liver, or thyroid diseases, please inform your doctor.
- If you are taking any of the following medicines at the same time, make sure to inform your doctor or pharmacist in order to avoid serious drug interactions:
Phenytoin, Coumadin, medicines for heart diseases such as Digoxin, Inderal, Tenormin, Cardizem, Adalat, or diuretics (Hydrochlorothiazide).
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist first before you take any other medicines.
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice before taking the medicine.
- Before any surgery, please inform your doctor or dentist that you are taking Cordarone.
- This medicine may cause your skin becoming more sensitive to light. Use of a sunscreen and protective clothing are recommended when being outdoors.
- After taking the medicine for a few months, grey-blue marks on areas of your skin may occur, especially when you are overexposed to the sun. Contact your doctor right away if skin discoloration happens.
If you have the following conditions during medication, please contact your doctor immediately:
Arrhythmia, chest pain for over 15 minutes, shortness of breath or dyspnea, cough, fever, rash, tremor, difficulty in walking, fatigue, weakness.
If you have the following conditions after taking the medicine, please inform your doctor:
Headache, dizziness, blurred vision, blue-green rings around lights, skin and eyes sensitive to light, nausea, vomit, constipation, lack of appetite, weight loss, metallic and salty taste in mouth, decreased sex drive.
Management when you forget to take the medicine
If you find yourself forgetting to take the medicine, please take it immediately. However, if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose instead and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
- Store the medicine at room temperature, avoid heat or moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not share your medicines with others in order to avoid danger.
※ Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Chi Mei Medical Center：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chi Mei Hospital, Liouying：email@example.com
- Chi Mei Hospital, Chiali：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drug Information