Nicotinell ® TTS Transdermal Patch
Drug information No.114
- Brand name：Nicotinell TTS 20
- Main ingredient：Nicotine
- Dosage form and strengths：14 mg/24hr/patch
- Brand name：Nicotinell TTS 30
- Main ingredient：Nicotine
- Dosage form and strengths：21 mg/24hr/patch
Used as an aid to help you quit smoking. It can be also used in assisting smoking cessation program, behavioral self-control strategies, and psychotherapy.
HOW TO APPLY
- Remove the backing from the patch and immediately press the patch onto a clean, dry and hairless part of your upper arm, hip or back. (Make sure your skin is free of lotion, soap or alcohol.) Press the patch firmly for at least 10 seconds to make sure it sticks properly.
- Apply a new patch at the same time each day to a different area of skin to avoid discomfort from the application site.
- Do not leave the patch on your skin for more than 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and lose its strength.
- Please inform your doctor if you are experiencing allergic reactions such as difficulty in breathing /swallowing, severe itching of the skin, redness or rash.
- Stop using the patch and inform your doctor if you have any of the following:
Please tell your doctor if you have any following illness:
- Skin diseases
- Unstable angina or progressive angina pectoris
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Severe arrhythmia
- Recent history of cerebrovascular disease
Your healthcare providers will discuss with you the benefits and risks of using nicotine patch.
Do not smoke or use tobacco products while you are using nicotine patch. This includes times when you are not applying the patch. Doing so may lead to increased risk of side effects from the additive effects of nicotine in the body.
Be aware of any skin irritation in the first few days of using nicotine patch especially if you have ever had allergy to sticker plaster.
If you begin to have abnormal dreams or other sleeping problems, remove the patch at bedtime (after wearing it for about 16 hours).
- Heart diseases
- Vascular diseases
- Stomach ulcer
- Kidney or liver disease
- Thyroid disease
- If you are experiencing the following, please seek medical help immediately:
Signs of nicotine overdose include dizziness, headache, vomiting, sweating, salivation, confusion, blurred vision, hearing problems, marked weakness, diarrhea, abdominal cramping and increased heart rate.
- If you are experiencing the following, please inform your doctor:
Sleep disorder, inattention, abnormal dreams, tired, thirsty, increased appetite, indigestion, flatulence, and dysphagia.
Drug storage and disposal
- Please store at room temperature, avoid heat or moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- After removing the used patch, discard by folding it in half with the sticky side together.
- To avoid danger, do not share your drugs with others.
※ Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Chi Mei Medical Center：email@example.com
- Chi Mei Hospital, Liouying：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chi Mei Hospital, Chiali：email@example.com
- Drug Information：Click me